We ate amazing food, paid too much money for taxis to take us everywhere, saw a movie, drove by Oprah's studio (just because I wanted to see it), ordered room service and just reconnected. It was the best.
Friday, May 30, 2008
A weekend affair
Mike and I spent this past weekend in Chicago .... alone .... without kids. It was heaven! Don't get me wrong - I adore my kids - but there is something so amazing about spending time with your spouse alone (thank you again, grandma!). Mike had been in Chicago all week for a legal seminar and then I flew out for the weekend. I felt like I was having a tryst with my boyfriend.
Never having been to Chicago before, I didn't know there was a river running right through the city. We took a great river cruise to get some of the history and see the city from the water. From there, we window shopped along the Magnificent Mile in stores like Prada and Burberry.
Mike is quite the romantic, much to my delight. When I first got to the hotel, he was still in meetings but there was a Tiffany bag (with a great necklace inside) and Wicked tickets on the bed ... plus chocolate-covered strawberries in the fridge. The man knows me so well.
Finally being able to see Wicked was the best! We both know the entire soundtrack and have seen snippets of the play on YouTube, but seeing it live ... from the 2nd row ... was incredible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
"Reconnected" huh? Sounds fun ;)
Glad you guys had a great time. Hopefully, Alison can learn from Mike's good example.
Also, I'm glad to have another good blog to subscribe to.
WELCOME to the land of Blogging! Darling pictures...Elle in the dirt is hilarious!
Way to go, Mist! I didn't think it would actually happen (the blog part). I will be an avid reader :)
Yay Misty! I'm so glad you started your blog - I'll try not to comment you to death. I can already tell that you are a great blogger - these are really fun entries and I'm so excited to keep reading!
What a fun weekend get-a-way!!
Fun!! I never knew you did that?? Seriously I think I'm the only person who hasn't seen Wicked. I'm counting down the days till it comes to Utah!
Post a Comment