Misty and kids took off for St. George for Spring Break. We swam every day, played at the sand dunes, played endless rounds of Nertz, watched Ponyo at least 10 times (Elle loves that show!), shopped and vegged. Sorry dad couldn't join us.
Almost gave up Diet Coke for good but then decided against it and jumped right back off the wagon.
Yay! No knee surgery in my immediate future. Still plugging away with physical therapy but I can see tiny specks of light at the end of the tunnel now.
Forest of Hands and Teeth -- one of the better page-turners that I've read in awhile. Think of the movies 'The Village' and 'I Am Legend' combined in one great read. I'm reading the sequel The Dead Tossed Waves right now.
InstaCare visit late Sunday night to confirm strep for Paige. The dr. kind of scratched her head when I said that Paige's breath smelled like strep (plus she had the other symptoms) but I know that smell!
Erin (my wonderful big sis) turned 40! We sisters went to a late movie and are having a girls' lunch with mom this week to celebrate. Then she'll move to Cali and we'll never see her again....
Lack of closet/storage space in our house is forcing me to constantly de-clutter. Lots of steady runs to the D.I. Funny how empty this house seemed for so long. Not so much anymore.
Date night with Mike and the Mayfield side of the fam. It's always pretty funny to hang out with Mike, Nate and Paul -- partly because they look like triplets and everyone else looks and stares, and partly because they all have the same twisted sense of humor. Now that mom & dad are on a mission, there's no reigning the boys in anymore.
U2 is coming in concert this summer! One guess which very cool, hip couple will be going??
Pre-pubescent Christian was mortified to attend his first Maturation lecture at school with dad. Mike said the best part of the meeting was when it was announced that the local grocery store, Dick's, had provided free donuts. All of the dads tried to stifle their laughs.
Driving a rental minivan for a few days while my car is being fixed. A cute 16 yr. old girl who had her license for a whole 2 days crashed into the back of my car. The poor girl was too scared to even get out of her car.
Ali & Maddie (2 of my amazing nieces) were on the front row of American Idol and had a couple of tv shots. They talked to the judges as they walked by and talked with the contestants during the commercial breaks. Score!
Too many movie channels at our house these days. Since switching to Comcast, we have free HBO and Showtime for awhile. I've been DVR'ing so many movies that I can't keep up with myself.
Ever feel like you spend too much time on Facebook, Twitter, blogger or e-mail? Me neither. Happily addicted.
5 comments:
Okay, cool update!! St. George sounds so fun, and the family get-togethers do, too. Sorry about Paige. (That's hilarious about the breath smelling like strep. Are you a mom or what?!? I feel like that with fevers. I don't need a thermometer any more.) Jealous of the U2 concert. You'll have to blog about it!!
Thanks for the update, Misty! We have to stay up on each other's lives so we won't have too much catch-up once Erin leaves and we start up our BFF relationship!
I'm already making plans, like, 'Hmm...I can see that movie with Erin...oh, I'll being seeing that one with Misty...' and stuff like that.
Great update!! I think I'm going to have to "borrow" the idea for mhy blog! THANKS
Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard about Dick's providing the donuts at the maturation program. That is so funny.
I love this update! So clever! LOL, Dick's for the maturation lecture... HA!
And those books are AWESOME!!!
Glad your knee is improving!
Post a Comment