Wednesday, November 9, 2011

the Break Room

Welcome to our temporary kitchen/laundry room ... a.k.a. "the break room." A friend of mine called it that when she came through the house for the first time ("This reminds me of a workplace break room!") and the nickname has stuck. I will love this room when it is just my laundry room -- plenty of space and cupboards to spare. But it's cracking me up in its current state. We can eat dinner at the table and I can turn around in my same chair and change a load of laundry. Sweet!

Our real kitchen upstairs is quickly becoming such a beautiful thing. I'm going to save any more pictures for the final reveal but that room makes me so happy. I definitely feel like it isn't really ours, since we aren't living in it and using it yet. Instead we have 'the break room.' :) And for now, that makes me happy, too.

2 comments:

The Lymans said...

I can't wait to see it! I love your new family pictures--so cute!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

What a cool name. That WOULD make an awesome laundry room!! WOO! So much space! Can't wait to see the kitchen. I LOVE kitchens!