Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Entertainment for them all

Haley's class had a field trip to the new Museum of Natural History recently and she's been begging to go back ever since. So the kids & I had a field trip of our own. It was pretty darn cool, I have to admit. The kids liked the clear floors...
I liked the creative display of dinosaur bones. Reminded me of the large stuffed animals at Cabella's that show the creatures hunting each other down.  This little guy had a small army of friends that were taking down that ginormous dinosaur.
And check out the size of this prehistoric alligator, especially in comparison to that kid in front. Talk about ginormous!
Haley is still aiming to become a medical scientist who will cure cancer someday, so her primary reason to get back to the museum was to spend more time in the cell section. It had an area that focuses on cancer cells. She was a happy girl. The earthquake area was cool, too. You could see a current printout of a seismograph and then jump near it to see how it affected the readout.

You know a museum has done its job if my 13 year old was as entertained as my 5 year old. It didn't hurt that they had a nice cafe at the end and we dined on cheesecake while looking out over the valley. Pretty cool place.

3 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

That is SUPER cool. I love the floors!! And I would love the cheesecake, too, my friend!

Mom and Kenz said...

I've wondered how it is... I'll add it to our list.

Erin Blake said...

what 11 year old is a happy girl when looking at cancer cells?! chelloooo