Sunday, September 1, 2013

I'm an artiste ... sort of

A few months ago, Mike & I went on a work retreat with other couples from the law firm.  As part of the entertainment, they had us take a painting class.  I immediately had a bad attitude about it.  I am so not artistic in any way.  My stick figures aren't even very good.  The woman assured us, though, that she would walk us through every step -- almost like a paint-by-numbers -- and that we would be able to do it.

We did a couple's piece that they chose for us -- 2 paintings hung side by side.  This was their example of what we would be painting ...

Then they took us through each step, and we did our best to follow her example.

In the end, we opted to leave the hot-air balloons out of the picture and ended up with this ...

Not bad for first timers.  I came home from that experience and convinced my mom and sister to go take a class with me.  This time, we chose this painting....


We got our supplies and got settled in.  Mom was a little unsure about it, but once we got started she could see how fun it was.

The teacher showing us each step ...


Mid-project ....



Ta-da!

I know it doesn't look exactly like the sample but I sure like the process and am pretty proud of myself! Anyone want to join me next time?


2 comments:

Melwel said...

Misty
I'm impressed I started painting just last year and have really enjoyed it. What fun!
Me

Julie said...

Wow that is so fun. I am so NOT artistic and have always wished I could be a fantastic painter. This looks like a great way to give it a try. Where did you go for the classes. And I hope you have your beautiful pieces up for all to see in your home. Good job :)