My little Paige is a huge fan of the Fancy Nancy books, and I love them almost as much as she does. Her wardrobe and attitude are considerably more fancy (at least in her estimation) since reading about Nancy and she throws words like "accessories", "excursion" and "fiasco" into daily conversation. I, of course, encourage this.My favorite little bookstore here in Bountiful, All Tucked In on Main Street, had a Fancy Nancy party today and Paige & I went together. What a posh party! Bonnie, the store's owner and a cute friend, loves to throw themed parties based on books . She's had Curious George parties, scary Halloween book readings, Twilight vampire parties (of course I'm going to the midnight Breaking Dawn release party!) and others. Her book store is seriously like the one on You've Got Mail that Meg Ryan owns - only better since she also sells unique toys and clothes for kids and moms. But I digress....
When we arrived at the outdoor party, there was tulle wrapped in the trees, sparkly hearts hanging from the branches and little tables & chairs where different activities happened: nail painting, choosing feather boa's, wrapping ribbon around a princess wand and eating dainty cakes with fancy frosting. Paige was in heaven. Then Bonnie read several stories to the girls - the perfect ending to a perfect party.
Bonnie handing Paige her new and improved princess wand.
Paige kept trying to hold her pinkie finger up while she ate the treats but she couldn't quite get the hang of it.
What says "fancy" more than sparkly nails? I ask you ....
This is Bonnie reading to the girls. She kept asking them if they knew what certain fancy words meant ... and look whose hand popped up every single time. We know these books a little too well. :)
My fancy Paigie (notice the extended pinkie finger). She couldn't get away with this look in 20 years so I'm indulging her now. :)
6 comments:
What an awesome book store! You just don't get stuff like that at Borders or Barnes and Noble. I love our little Paigie. She is truly a Fancy Nancy at heart.
I want a book store like that by me! We love Fancy Nancy books too!
your AZ cousin
Paige you are so cute!!!
How cute!! My girls would love that.
Oh my goodness!!! Sunny would have LOVED this! She thinks she IS fancy Nancy! How cute! She wants to do a Fancy Nancy party for her Birthday
Uh, sorry! Didn't know I was signed in as Ryan...lol It was really me!
Post a Comment