Monday, December 29, 2008

Cup Half-Empty or Half-Full?

Cup Half-Empty: My car nearly ran out of gas yesterday.
Cup Half-Full: I paid $1.16 for gas! I looked it up .... the last time gas was that price was in 1993. Score.

Cup Half-Empty: I have another cold, and I swear I just barely got over my last one!
Cup Half-Full: I got to stay home from church today and sleep and play the DS.

Cup Half-Empty: The house is a wreck!
Cup Half-Full: It's Christmas break, which means the kids are all home playing with their new toys and finding old toys we can give to the D.I. Having no schedule for awhile is definitely a blessing.

Cup Half-Empty: We've been paying a fair amount of money for sitters the past few nights.
Cup Half-Full: I got to have 2 date nights with my hubby two nights in a row. We were able to enjoy good food, a great movie and hula-hooping on Wii Fit.

Cup Half-Empty: I had to make twice the dinner tonight to give some to my sister's family.
Cup Half-Full: My sister is pregnant!! No problem seeing the cup as half-full here. She's still in the pukey stage and I should be making them dinner a lot more often than I have been.

Cup Half-Empty: My cell phone got wet somehow and won't work now!
Cup Half-Full: I'm still looking for the half-full on this one .... Things are a little more quiet now since I don't get extra calls?? Maybe. I'd still rather have a working phone, though.

7 comments:

alison said...

Half Full on the cell phone: Get a new one!!!!

I like this post. I may have to copy the format someday, with your special permission.

Rachel said...

You are a very cute blogger, Misty. That is a great post, and I hope your half-empties quickly fill up. Feel better.

Misty said...

I totally copied this one from my sister, so copy away ....

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

I loved this post! :) I just got sick, too, so I am right there with ya. Hmm... Half-full on the cell phone could be that you get interrupted less. OR, yes, it could be your excuse to get an iphone. ;)

Corley said...

love it love it love it.

Kimm said...

You are awesome!! I really miss you! I know it's been years, but reading your blog brings back memories of good times!

Allison Paige Blake said...

Misty, I hope you had fun on your dates! But i must say your family is easy to baby sit, you pay very well, and you take me to dinner! I'll babysit for you anyday! Also thank you for the delicious dinner! It was sooo good!
ALi