Haley's birthday ended up being full of non-stop activities. Party in the morning, baptism in the afternoon and a mini-concert that night. Mike's firm had tickets to the Salt Lake Real soccer game where none other than American Idol's and Utah's own David Archuleta would be singing the National Anthem and giving a small concert afterward. We decided to surprise Haley as part of her birthday so we told her about it during her party.
"Haley, we have a surprise for you."

"We're going to see David Archuleta in concert tonight!"

"Paige, guess what??"

Just a little excited.

After a surprisingly nice dinner before the game....

.... and a little pre-game excitement,

we headed outside to watch the game.

My kids have never been so excited to hear the National Anthem.



After the game, we rushed out onto the field and were right up close to the stage.

Mike put Haley up on his shoulders....

...which put her pretty much eye level with David. At one point, he pointed at her and smiled. Absolutely made her entire day.

Quite the exciting end to her birthday. Christian acted all, "I'm too mature for this kind of stuff" but I think he enjoyed himself, too.
4 comments:
How FUN! I absolutely love the pictures you got capturing the expressions on the girls' faces when Mike told them about the concert. That is AWESOME!! What a birthday!
what a great birthday!! Hey, can you plan mine?? ha ha
Should I be embarrassed to tell you that I really wish I had been with you?
Honestly...this is one my favorite posts of all time. I love the pics of Haley and Paige finding out about the mini-concert. Very cool.
Post a Comment