Summer has begun and we've been off and running. A couple of Fridays ago was the last day of school, Saturday was Haley's big day and then we left early the next morning for our annual trip with the Fetzer sisters in St. George. Such an awesome tradition for the last 3 years running. How I managed to go on vacation and not bring a camera is still a mystery to me but it's unfortunately true. We crammed 5 moms, 7 teenagers and 8 kids into the house and had a great time. Swimming and shopping are always top on our list of things to do but we also squeezed in home manicures & pedicures, movie watching, late nights, frog catching, bat watching/avoiding, musical beds, golfer heckling, group meals, Diet Coke runs to Maverick, an In 'N Out visit, Kodak moments at the sand dunes (had I only had my Kodak or Nikon or anything!) .... Great trip. Thank you Krista & Kate for letting me be your adopted sister every summer!
Christian spent the week home with dad so he could go to the UofU's basketball camp (aka Jimmyball Camp for Coach Jim Boylen). Mike remembers going as a kid and I think he was probably more excited for Christian to go than Christian was himself. But he ended up having a great time. My favorite part was the group picture where Christian slung his arm around Coach Boylen's shoulders. Best of friends, you'd think.
I turned around from St. George and flew back to San Francisco 24 hours later to have my teeth finished. That deserves its own post, but suffice it to say that I've gotten any kind of travelling bug out of my system and am happy to be home just doing the mom thing. Back to laundry, painting, shuttling kids around, mowing the lawn, cleaning the house .... yeah, it's all good.
2 comments:
whew, what a life! can't wait to see your tummy tuck, I mean your teeth!
The St. George trip sounds so fun! What a great time. I bet San Fransisco was just as cool the 2nd time. :)
Post a Comment