Well, almost. The house is 95% finished and we're living both upstairs and downstairs now. Mike & I both knew this house had great potential but we both agree that it turned out even better than we had pictured. Here are some before & afters...
Remember the old front room & dining room? We knew that this would be the perfect space for a fun, open kitchen.
Here it is now ....
We opened up the original doorway, took down a wall or two and now have this amazing, open space that fits everyone and then some. We fit 13 cousins around the island before the kitchen was actually finished.
I love that! We've been entertaining nonstop, which is exactly why we bought this home. I stand back and look at this kitchen and can't believe it's really mine. I've been dreaming of this kitchen for years.
Elle's favorite part of the kitchen is this:
Can't tell what that is? That was exactly what we were aiming for. It's a hidden pantry. The door looks like regular cupboards but hides this great space behind:It's become the kids' favorite escape. On Thanksgiving Day, I found Christian and his cousin, Tyler, hiding out in the pantry playing games on their phones. If you ever play hide-and-go-seek with my kids here at our house, be sure to check for them in the pantry.
Here are a couple of shots of the family room before:
And here it is now...
Here's the entry before:
And here's the new entry.
I love, love the flooring -- both the tile and the dark wood.
The old casual dining room was transformed into our formal dining room:
I don't have before pictures of the bedrooms but here are Elle's and Paige's rooms. They're bright and so fun. :)
There's still some work to do but we're loving this house and are grateful that we found the right thing for us after 4 years of looking. Home sweet home. :)
12 comments:
I love the changes, what an absolutely beautiful home!
Love the remodel.... the Kitchen is GORGEOUS...and I really like the board and batten in the girl's rooms. You are a good "picker outer"
WOW! It is AMAZING!! I love it all! So jealous, but so happy for you!
I'm stalking you now! I love your kitchen! What a great job you guys did! Renovations are stressful but the outcome makes it worth it.
So absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to come over again!
Holy Cow!!! It looks amazing! Want to see it in real life sometime. Enjoy...looks like you'll be there forever entertaining and making memories.
Love, love, love it! After so long I'm glad it is everything you've dreamed of!
It looks amazing!!! I love it all! So happy for you and your family! :)
I haven't checked out your blog for a long time. I'm so happy you have before and after pictures of your new home. It is so beautiful! I'm glad you are happy.
Oh my gosh, I cannot even stand it. Your house is BEAUTIFUL!!! SO in love with the kitchen. SO IN LOVE. AH! The rest of the house is just gorgeous! You have amazing vision, companera. It's GORGEOUS!
Looks so spacious and inviting! Nice work!
So so beautiful! So so happy for you!!!
Post a Comment