That's a line from When Harry Met Sally. Sally has a breakdown about getting older and is particularly sad about the big 4-0. Well, not me! I have no problem with my age and am excited to be 40. I love the stage of life I'm in and I know my 40's are going to be great. So bring it on. :)
My cute friend, Alison, arranged to take me out for a birthday lunch. She picked me up and drove to our other friend, Carla's home, telling me that Carla wanted to come, too. When we went in to pick her up, I was completely shocked to see about 20 wonderful women waiting for me there! Carla & Alison had a yummy spread for lunch and had covertly planned the whole affair. I was honestly so surprised, that I got quite emotional -- especially when I looked over and saw friends from my old neighborhood, too. So great!
These cute ladies (and others not pictured, either because I didn't happen to snap a picture or because the pictures had far too many of my double chins for my liking) absolutely made my day. My week. My 40th year. :)
5 comments:
The best part was seeing how excited you were just to go out to sushi and not realizing the surprise ahead. Happy Birthday!
How fun! I had no idea that happened. You have some awesome friends up there in B-town.
Aloha Misty! Happy Birthday! Hope you are able to enjoy it being on that beautiful island and all:)
Happy Birthday Misty! And life begins at 40, right? At least that's what I hear.
p.s. loving those postcards below. My fellow smartypants friend sends me one every now and then. I love her and her humor, as I do you and yours!
Happy, happy birthday, companera!! What a GREAT surprise!! I would have been emotional, too. That is a great way to celebrate the 4-0.
Post a Comment