Thursday, July 5, 2012

A few happenings around here ....

Summer has brought a revolving door of friends to play, both little and small. I made cookies with these 3 helpers...
Counting down the minutes and anxiously awaiting the finished product.
We've put our new patio furniture to good use...

It's very West Virginia of us to decorate the plywood on our patio. The finished effect should be a well-lit patio with fun lights overhead. Just gotta figure out the logistics of it.

Swimming lessons, basketball camp, volleyball camp, dance lessons, gardening ... We haven't had too many lazy days of summer yet.  Christian has discovered the joy of exploring our little town on foot.  He and a friend have spent many days walking all over the place -- they stop at Keva for a smoothie, go to the book store, the guitar shop, the dollar store, anywhere else that seems interesting and then eventually call for a ride home.  As long as he isn't parked on the couch, I don't mind.

Been swimming lots (this time with the cute Olson kids) ....
... picking lots and lots and lots of strawberries and raspberries out of our own garden.  Sooo sweet and yummy.  We are now full swing in apricot season so PLEASE come help yourself!  The girls and I are going to make apricot jam today.


Our old computer died so we bought a Mac, which brought with it the wonders of GarageBand and Photobooth.  Good times on the computer for everyone.





1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

"very West Virginia of us". You are so hysterical! Love all the great summer activities. I'm glad you have a town Christian can go walking around with buddies. I had that at his age. Good stuff. Wish I had that now for my oldest especially, but we live where everything is really far away from everything else. Bummer. Nice patio furniture. Happy summer!!