Monday, October 28, 2013

The Lodge

For UEA a couple of weeks ago, we escaped to the mountains.  The Vriens's invited us to their extended family's cabin -- ahem, lodge -- up the canyon.  See what I mean?


It's such a great place.  Sleeps multiple families, has large open play spaces and little nooks and corners for reading, playing games, whatever.  We had a great time.  I loved seeing this sign on the way up the driveway ....

The little girls made gingerbread haunted houses....
... and then we all went on a stroll around Silver Lake.  We barely missed the beautiful fall colors but it was still a spectacular day.


Haley & Sara -- friends since kindergarten. :)


The beavers had been hard at work.

And try as I might to get a good picture of the boys, this was the only scene I was able to capture -- them running far ahead of us.


Thank heavens for fun friends who have fun places to hang out! Wouldn't have been near as enjoyable a vacation without their hospitality. :)


2 comments:

Kelly said...

I need a friend with a lodge. Or sister (hint hint).

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

WOW, that looks fun!!!!!!! So relaxing!