Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What a RUSH!

This summer, Mike took Christian to his first concert.  Rush.  I have to admit that I have never been a big fan of Rush.  But for a budding guitarist like Christian, and an old rocker like Mike, the concert was right down their alley.  When I saw concert tickets were on sale--I jumped at them.  I knew my boys would love it.

Because it was Christian's first concert, Mike splurged on a concert t-shirt.  Mike also forced Christian to take a "selfie" of the two of them together.  From the look on Christian's face, it may have been the only part of the concert he didn't love.  :)

Mike said that the show was amazing.  They played nearly all of his favorite songs--Tom Sawyer, Spirit of the Radio, Subdivisions, YYZ, Temples of Syrinx. Christian said that they also played a lot of their new music, which he loved.
Rush Clockwork Angels Tour Pictures - USANA Amphitheatre - Salt Lake City, Utah - July 31st, 2013
Alex Lifeson
Rush Clockwork Angels Tour Pictures - USANA Amphitheatre - Salt Lake City, Utah - July 31st, 2013
Geddy Lee
Rush Clockwork Angels Tour Pictures - USANA Amphitheatre - Salt Lake City, Utah - July 31st, 2013
Neil Peart


For the first few hours after the show, Mike displayed some of the characteristics of someone with slight hearing loss. A couple of times I had to tell him to stop yelling.  He described the show as "Epic!  The music was so loud that my ears started to bleed!"  Just what a Mom wants to hear.

The best part for Mike of course, was watching Christian totally enjoy himself.  "We sang along to the songs.  We air-drummed with Neil Pert.  We screamed our lungs out.  We bonded."

Yet another example of rock music bringing fathers and sons together. :)

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

That is very awesome. I agree--Rush not totally my fave, but it would be a fun concert. How cool for Mike & Christian.