Yes, that does say "Snail Smooshing." They had collected a bunch of snails and put them out in the road. Then, for $.25, they let people drive over the snails and gave them a snack at the end. Fun stuff, eh? And they actually earned money from it. Apparently some of the neighbors thought it was clever and actually paid for the experience. It just goes to show ... you never know what people will pay money for. Maybe Haley & Sara have serious futures in business ahead of them.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Entrepreneur
I remember as a kid trying to find creative ways to make money. We had a car wash business, sold lemonade, did odd jobs for neighbors and even charged admission to talent shows starring my sisters and me. (Who wouldn't want to come to one of those?) But all of my creative juices as a kid were far outweighed by the creativity of Haley and her friend Sara the other day. Here is the sign they made for their money-making venture:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Ha Ha ha! That is so funny. What creative kids you have. When I was little we used to set up stands and hang a sign that said "Temple Juice" We were trying to earn money for the jordan river temple. Who could turn down kids with such a worthy cause??
Hilarious!! So sad that we missed out on the fun!
I loved those talent shows. We were awesome as the Pointer Sisters and Solid Gold Dancers. I am genuinely impressed at the creativity of Haley and her friend. How on earth did they get that idea?
While I love their creativity, I feel morally obligated to notify PETA. Save The Snails!
Although I don't want to quash their creativity and drive, I will close down their little enterprise if they start charging to run over farm animals or small people. A man has to have some ethics.
Seriously? Snail Smashing! That is the funniest thing ever. I thought I was reading the sign wrong before I read the post. Tell Haley if she needs any snails for any future ventures my garden is full of them!
That. Is. Hilarious. See? I knew you would be so good at blogging! Yours is so fun to read.
Great work Haley! Good thing Kenzi did know about it though -- she would have protested with some PETA signs. She loves snails but I'm with you!!!
haha! I love Haley! How does she think of things like that! Ya whenever I tell my mom i'm bored she always brings up the talent shows and the dances that you made up. It gets kind of old!
Post a Comment