I grew up in a family where watching movies was our favorite pass-time. Mom couldn't afford to take us on big vacations but we definitely saw plenty of movies ... old movies at the Avalon, lots of new releases at the Murray Theater or the Vista on Highland. Occasionally, mom would check us out of school to catch a mid-day movie. I aspire to be as cool with my kids. At our house, the Oscars were more important than the Superbowl, much to Mike's dismay (although he has learned plenty of Hollywood trivia since we've been married and doesn't actually mind it now).
I saw two movies this weekend alone -- Nim's Island with my kids on Friday and The Hulk with Mike tonight. I often go to late night movies with my sisters and our girlfriends. We've seen many-a-chick-flick and our husbands don't mind a bit. :)
My favorites lately have been Ironman (smart, funny & just enough action), Penelope, Mrs. Pettigrew Lives for a Day, Across the Universe, Enchanted, I Am Legend .... And don't get me started on videos. I'm an avid renter from Blockbuster.com. Movies are always coming and going at our house.
If you have any good recommendations, I'm all ears. And if you're in the neighborhood and feel up to a late night movie, definitely call me. I'm always game.
2 comments:
Under the Same Moon
So true about the Farley family! I rarely see a movie without having run it past Misty first to make sure it's a good one.
Post a Comment