Monday, June 30, 2008
My guy's a biker
Mike rode in the MS 150 over the weekend ... and the man rode 75 miles. Hello! I'm so proud of him. He rode the 40 mile portion last year and then pushed for 75 this year. The girls and I drove up to Logan to surprise him and cheer him across the finish line. I thought he was only riding 40 miles but as we waited and waited and waited for 2 hours at the finish line, it was obvious that he had gone for 75 miles. We eventually had to leave without seeing him since Christian was coming back from Scout Camp and would come home to an empty, locked house.
We took a picture of us at the finish line and sent Mike an e-mail telling him how proud we were of him and that we had wanted to surprise him. Ten minutes after driving away, he called and said he had just finished. Nice!! He loved at least knowing that we had been there to cheer him on. And the girls were happy to have had 2 hours of eating free snow cones and cheering all of the cyclists. I'll add pictures of him that were taken at the event as soon as they are posted. Go Mike!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, nice job Mike! That's really impressive. I'd like to do this with you sometime.
Way to go! Sorry to hear that the girls couldn't be there for the big finish :(.
Wow!!! Nice job Mike!!!! My bum hurts just THINKING about sitting on a bike for that many miles.
Man, I feel so bad that you went all the way up there and waited all that time and still missed your hubby. That's so great, though, that he did the 75 miles!
Post a Comment