
I love watching the wheels turn in a child's little brain as things start to click, that they understand what words mean and how their actions elicit a response. This is how Elle shows that she wants to hold or have something ... everything from a toy that someone else has to the baby sun-thing on Teletubbies. She even does it to our other kids and they've started laying their heads right in her hands when she does it, which makes her giggle. I remember when Haley used to say, "Hold you?" and reach her hands up to us when she wanted to be held, asking it as a question because we would reach our hands down to her and say, "Can I hold you?" I love this age. I love all of my kids' ages, which is why it's fun to have multiple kids at multiple stages. I can appreciate and enjoy each of their differences. Elle's the caboose, though, so I'm enjoying her a lot -- temper tantrums and all.
2 comments:
Oooooh! I love this!
I've been waiting for Simon to say those very words. He's close. I keep saying them to him "Want me to hold you"? But my oh my, if I pick him up against his will, I'm likely to get whacked on the head and have my hair pulled out! Then I put him down :)
Post a Comment