Friday, August 1, 2008
Not for the faint-hearted
I have to warn you before you read this story that it's pretty nasty and disgusting. So if you have a weak stomach, just scroll down and read something else. That said, here goes .... Paige had a cavity filled at the dentist a few days ago. We go to a pediatric dentist because he's amazing with kids so Paige thought the whole experience was a walk in the park. She didn't even realize that he had given her a shot. (Don't anyone tell her -- or any of my kids, for that matter. None of them realize that's part of the process of having cavities filled.) Afterwards, mouth still numb, we went to Paige's preschool orientation. The kids went into the next room to play computer games while the parents met with the teacher. Forty-five minutes later when the kids came back in, I took one look at Paige's mouth and almost gagged. She had been biting/chewing on her lip the entire time since she couldn't feel anything. I warned you it was gross.
You can hardly see anything in this picture but I couldn't bring myself to post a picture of how bad the lip really is. Trust me, this doesn't show 90% of the damage. Nasty. The poor thing has had a huge, fat lip ever since and an ugly looking wound. Paige looked at herself in the mirror this morning and said, "I look weally gwoss." She's on an antibiotic to ward off infection and seems to be doing o.k. with eating and talking but I want her pretty smile back. :{
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ouch! That looks sore! My son just had a root canal this week and we prepared him for the numb lip- because I remember biting my lip and feeling the pain later. He did great.
Oh Paigey...not even a hamburger cheek could make her any less cute. I love her!
You gotta love the dental trauma...
Thanks again for a fun night last night!
Post a Comment