Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Catch up

We're in the last few weeks before school starts and we've been playing hard and living up the time the kids have left before the routine starts back in. Here are some of our activities as of late:

* The release of Breaking Dawn is my highlight for the month. The anticipation of the book release, speculation as to the storyline and laughing at ourselves for being so obsessed has given my friends and me plenty of entertainment this summer. On the night of the big release, 7 of my girlfriends and I went to dinner together (Biaggi's always comes through with amazing food - definitely try the lobster pasta or butternut squash ravioli) and then went to my favorite book store, All Tucked In, and waited for midnight. They had food, games and lots of crazy women (us included, of course). It was fun to run into other friends there and laugh at our shared obsession.There was even a picture in our local newspaper. (And yes, that girl on the right is wearing a prom dress -- a little tribute to the prom scene in the first book.) Here's the article.

Over the next several days, I spent every spare moment reading and enjoying the book. And I really did enjoy it. I turned the last page and gave a little satisfied sigh. If you've already read it, feel free to call me and we can discuss. :)

* The last few weeks have been interesting around our house because daddy has been non-existent, but for good reason. Mike is involved in a jury-trial and has been working crazy hours. He's tired but he comes home excited about the days in court and seeing how it's all unfolding. Here's hoping they win!

* Because Mike has been gone so much, I've tried to get out occasionally for some "me" time so I won't go crazy with kids all day every day. I had a mani/pedi (thanks to my mother-in-law!), went to a home boutique with my sister and nieces (great jewelry, Lisa!), saw Mamma Mia with some friends and laughed probably more than the director would have liked (I liked parts but didn't quite buy Meryl Streep rolling around and singing on the roof), and am having lunch with more girlfriends tomorrow.

* The kids and I are keeping each other entertained, too, by swimming lots, going to movies, going to Kangaroo Zoo today (big blow-up jumping things) and chillin' at home. We're enjoying the last few weeks of no real schedule (although it will be nice to have a clean house again once school starts).

That's us, these days. Call us if you want to play, too!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Glad to hear you loved Breaking Dawn. I have been hearing mixed reviews and it is killing my breaking dawn buzz. Did you get the email I sent you about future twilight books? I know how it feels to have your husband working night and day because of a jury trial. But it sounds like my husband is on the other side. He is prosecuting and won his first jury trial. Hope it goes well and I am sure you will all be glad when it's over.

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

I really loved it! All of it! The parties, the girlfriends, the discussions, the theories, and THE BOOK!!!! YAY!!! I need to see you one of these days!!!

Andy said...

For the record, reading the book pregnant makes it a totally different experience. I finished last night. And am dying for someone to talk to.

As for Mamma Mia... Was I the only one a little embarrassed for Pierce when he started singing?