Saturday, August 23, 2008

Week in review

It's been a crazy, busy week ... Hence, the dearth of blogging. In fact, there was very little productive happening around here this past week. We had 2 cousins here all week, ages 2 and 4, which made for lots of fun, chaos, laughter, crying, diaper changes, lost shoes, lost toys, lost children, chasing after, short tempers, cleaning up, bedtime mayhem, helping, clothes washing, whining ... you name it, and that was all just from me. I told a friend that I am not cut out to handle 6 kids. But then I remembered how often I've had my older nieces over night and decided that it isn't the number of children but the closeness of ages that was crazy this week. We had some fun, though, and I think their parents appreciated the R&R.

My sister-in-law then turned right around the next day and took our 4 kids overnight so I could surprise Mike with a night at the Anniversary Inn for a belated anniversary celebration. We stayed there on our wedding night and haven't been back since so we had fun reminiscing and laughing about how different the two nights were from each other. I remember being so embarrassed when we checked in the first time, having just been married and knowing that the girl at the front desk knew exactly what we would be doing that night. This time, we laughed when we saw a new bride and groom come in looking a little embarrassed themselves.

After we picked the kids back up, we went up to the Alpine Slide in Park City. Elle wasn't quite old enough but no one said anything when we took her on. Christian and Haley cruised down in their own carts, Mike took a timid Paige who wanted to go slow and I took a fearless Elle who wanted to go "fast!"No, Mike and I didn't dress like twins on purpose. I absentmindedly packed both of our bags and just didn't pay attention to the fact that I dressed us in exactly the same clothes. Duh! Anyway, this was kind of our last hurrah before school starts on Monday. Mike pointed out that we've had plenty of "hurrahs" this summer, to which I replied, "Yes, but this is the last one." I rarely need an excuse to get out and do something fun.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That is the cutest picture! I thought for a minute that it looked too perfect and had to be doctored or something. I love your red Keen sandals! I'm glad you got a last hurrah. Everyone needs to end the summer with a bang.