Ever since my kids were born, I have kept a Word document for each of them recording little things in their lives. "4 months - turned over; 8 months - first tooth" .... As they start talking, I record what words they say and exactly how they say them (Paige used to say 'aahpay' for airplane). As they get older, I record life events or achievements. The best part of their lists, though, are the funny things they say. The kids and I love to look back over them and laugh at some of the things they have said. Just thought I'd share a few of my favorites.
Christian:
* After saying his prayers and asking for the baby in mommy's tummy to be blessed, he added, "And please bless the boy in daddy's tummy."
* Looking at a picture of Jesus ascending to heaven on a cloud, he asked, “Is Jesus saying, ‘To infinity and beyond!’?”
* When he asked what daddy did at work, I told him that dad was an attorney. Later when Mike came home, Christian said, "Dad, you are an aturkey!"
* “Mom, is ‘What the hell’ a bad word?”
* “Paige is like a buffalo in a Chinese shop.” (a bull in a china shop)
Haley:
* Don’t worry, mom, I didn’t say ‘dumb.’ I said ‘damn.’”
* Took one look at mommy's outfit and said, "Mommy, I’m not sure that works.”
* “Christian, you always complain about eating your dinner. I don’t complain. Even if it’s disgusting, I just eat it!”
* While Mike was serving as bishop, Haley said, "Mom, we’re kind of the boss family of the ward, huh?"
* “So Nephi and his family sailed across the ocean and landed in Neverland.”
Paige:
* “We don’t call names, stupid Haley!”
* "This Diet Coke is tasty to me.”
* Paige was upset when mommy said she had to buckle her seat belt. She said, “Just because I don’t want to be in this family anymore! I want a new mommy.” I said, “Really? What kind of mommy do you want?” She said, “A mommy with prettier hair than you.”
* She tipped our Lladro Christus statue over onto herself, breaking his arm off in the process and scratching her own arm. She came crying to Mommy saying, “Jesus hurt me!”
* “What if pee pee and poo poo could talk? They would say, ‘Help! I’m trapped in this bum!'”
Elle:
* Loves to shout "Mom!!" at the top of her lungs.
* Walks around the house singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, except the words are "Up-a-bup-a-bup-a-high."
* Says "Beat!" (which means 'eat') the very minute we pick her up out of bed in the morning.
8 comments:
Oh my, thanks for the laughs this morning. That was so funny.
Great quotes! "a buffalo in a Chinese shop"--I totally laughed out loud. I'm so glad you are keeping these lists...
I do the same thing. I love reading back on them. Some are so funny. These are great. I'm so glad you shared them.
What a great idea! Those quotes made me laugh at loud. Remember when Christian was about 2 and said, "Christian loves America!"
Those are hilarious. Aren't you so glad you wrote those down?!
Oh those were good. I haven't heard most of them. Your kids are blessed with the knack for saying the darndest things, especially that Paige.
By the way, when you are actually going private?
Did you know that your Mom used to keep the cute/funny things you kids said? I'm glad you're doing the same--- cute comments. I especially liked---oh---all of them. Love, Sis. Smith
P.S. What is the point of the "word verification" below? I'm curious.
Priceless! Your kids make me laugh!! I've got to start writing mine down.
Post a Comment