We have been doing some fun stuff, amid the karate, dance, scouts, basketball, gymnastics and piano lessons. We spent Labor Day with Mayfield cousins, some of whom just moved back into town. Our kids were in heaven, knowing their Seattle cousins are here to stay. Hopefully many more cousin parties to follow....
Can you spot the triplets?
With Meggan G. and some random woman in front of the quarterback's locker. Poor guy has no idea how many women filed by and oggled over his smelly uniform.
In the weight room with Becca, Stephanie and Tammy. Good times, girls! (Here's a link to a story on t.v. about us last year and you can see little clips of us here and there. http://www.utefans.net/message.php?id=677569)I went to a late movie last night with Rachel. We saw "Errand of Angels" about LDS sister missionaries in Austria. Rachel and I both served missions ourselves so we had interesting reactions to the movie. On the one hand, it was fun to see parts of missionary life that we both remembered well. But it was also painful to watch the rejection and hard days of missionary life. We kept talking after the movie about our missions and how incredibly hard they were -- that we wouldn't change the fact that we had gone and acknowledge how those experiences largely made us into who we are today (in great ways), but that the day-in/day-out of missionary life is just so difficult sometimes. I'm so glad I went but I'm so glad I'm home now. Serving a mission with Mike, though, is something I definitely plan on doing. That would be a much different experience, I'm sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment