Friday, September 26, 2008

Some of my favorite pictures ...

I love how pictures just capture a moment, a feeling, a memory. Here are some of my favorites from our last few years:Hiking in Goblin Valley. We don't take our kids into the great outdoors as often as we should so this trip was a highlight of that summer.Christian outside of the Lego Store at Disneyland. I love the coloring and visual of the giant Lego but I also love the memory of that trip. We told the kids that we were headed to Disneyland about 2 hours before we left for the airport. Major screaming ensued. Such a fun surprise. :)
Gingerbread house making parties with good friends. The tradition started with these friends, the Bowens, and has continued with the Preslars. I plan to keep the tradition alive with my grandkids someday.These are most of my sisters-in-law on the Mayfield side. I am very blessed with fun sisters-in-law who are now great friends, too.I'm also very blessed with great friends. We walked/ran in the Race for the Cure this year, which was a first for me. We laughed at all of the various phrases on the shirts: "Save the ta-ta's" and "Big or small, we'll save them all" were my favorites.Our first cruise - first of many, I hope. Traveling with our friends made it even more fun.My cute dad and 2nd mom, Shirlee. My brother took this picture while my dad was in the middle of chemotherapy treatments. I'm so grateful for these two great people and their influence in my life.Baby Elle at 2 months. Another beautiful picture taken by Uncle Quinn.This picture cracks me up because I'm not sure Elle's bow could be any bigger. Is it actually larger than her head or does it just look that way?My immediate family. My cute mom who raised us all alone and my siblings who are the greatest. This was at a Mayfield family wedding, which explains why I am the only one wearing a corsage.Look at the size of that tummy! Wow. And this wasn't even my 10 pounder. This is usually my state during my drug-induced labors. Give me an epidural during labor any day.My sisters and me. Mike said he had a copy of this picture during his whole mission. Who would've thought? With my Haley at a Hannah Montana concert. Another last minute surprise that also resulted in major screaming.My sister Kelly and me with our youngest babies. We've had two babies "together" and I've loved sharing that experience with her.At Aunt Heather's & Uncle Jed's wedding.Christian and his cousin, Ali, were in Peter Pan together. Christian was a Lost Boy and Ali was Peter Pan. Such a fun experience seeing them on stage together.My brother, Thomas. Such a handsome guy, don't you think?This picture was taken at about midnight. Haley was going to the bathroom in the dark and when I turned the light on, this is what I found.Obviously a photo shop job but still makes me laugh.Christian and Mike at Disneyland. I hardly recognize either of them. May the force be with them.I love this picture. These are my siblings (except for my 2 brothers who live away) and all of our kids wearing LiveStrong bracelets for my dad who is battling colon & liver cancer. We took this picture for him to show him our love and support.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you've got the whole beautiful family and extends there. Fun to see. MOM

Rachel said...

That is just such a happy post. What a great collection of pictures and a great collection of people!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Man...we have some great memories, don't we?

5ofus said...

Hey Misty what a fun blog you have. Where is Christian going to school? Looks like everything is going great for you guys. How fun to take a course on football. I need to take that so I know what to cheer for at our bos football games instead of asking Nate every play. Maybe you could do an Enrichment night on it:) I cannot believe how fast your children are growing up.
Leah

Misty said...

Nice to hear from you, Leah! How is your new place? We've wondered how your family is doing. Christian is at Oak Hills and Haley is still at Muir. Gotta love having kids at different schools. :) Take care!

Mamalar said...

Misty I loved seeing that pic of you and erin and sister, that is about the age that I met Erin at girls state when we were in high school. I love seeing the pictures, and I laughed when I saw the pic of the game and there was my own little emma kate. love you guys......lar