See, this is the post where I'm supposed to have really cute pictures of my kids on their first day back to school. Cute pictures of their nice hair, new clothes, donning their new backpacks .... Did I remember to even take a picture? I wish. Who would know if I took a picture of them tomorrow, on their 4th day of school, and just told everyone it was taken on Monday? Well, now you all would .... I might just do it anyway. For the scrapbooks that I no longer keep.
I have a new tradition, for the last 2 years so far; an idea totally stolen from a friend of my sister's. It's a back-to-school breakfast for all of my girlfriends. On the first day back to school, we drop our kids off and then come back to my house for breakfast. Some people come high-five'ing everyone and giddy that school is back in session and others come in tears (you know who you are), sad to have their kids away from them all day long. Either way, we laugh and eat, offer a shoulder to cry on and just enjoy each others' company. In fact, we had moms of all ages and stages of life -- moms of babies and no school-aged kids, a mom whose youngest is a senior in high school and everyone in between. I'm so lucky to have such great friends. This breakfast has been a fun tradition and I plan to continue it for many years to come.
2 comments:
I'm glad the tradition will continue...I NEED more of those pumpkin pancakes!
What a cute tradition. I want to copy you next year. Were you one of those ones with tears or high-fiving??
Post a Comment