I mentioned to Krista that my Christmas ornaments are a modge podge of little pieces that look fine but are far from great. She excitedly said that she would help me redecorate my tree. Ummm, let me think about it ..... Yes, please! So, a few weeks ago, we went to the showroom and looked at tree styles and colors. Then we went down in the basement where there are rows and rows of ornaments, garlands, ribbon - you name it. We ended up with boxes and boxes of beautiful ornaments; things I never would have thought to use (and on a larger scale than I would have thought) but it all looks amazing. Then a few days ago, Krista came over and created this ....
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Christmas has arrived
My good friend, Krista, is a part-owner & designer of Modern Display. For those of you non-locals, Modern Display is a huge seasonal decor showroom. Beautiful stuff. They have a great Christmas village display with multiple tables and sets that my kids love to ooohhh and aaahhh over every year. But I digress ....
I mentioned to Krista that my Christmas ornaments are a modge podge of little pieces that look fine but are far from great. She excitedly said that she would help me redecorate my tree. Ummm, let me think about it ..... Yes, please! So, a few weeks ago, we went to the showroom and looked at tree styles and colors. Then we went down in the basement where there are rows and rows of ornaments, garlands, ribbon - you name it. We ended up with boxes and boxes of beautiful ornaments; things I never would have thought to use (and on a larger scale than I would have thought) but it all looks amazing. Then a few days ago, Krista came over and created this ....
This picture does not do the tree justice. It's really stunning. And it's mine. :)


She also worked her magic on the mantel and the banister.
I have yet to put up the rest of our Christmas decorations (it's still a little early for my taste) but this tree makes me happy. Krista, my friend, thank you. I love it.
I mentioned to Krista that my Christmas ornaments are a modge podge of little pieces that look fine but are far from great. She excitedly said that she would help me redecorate my tree. Ummm, let me think about it ..... Yes, please! So, a few weeks ago, we went to the showroom and looked at tree styles and colors. Then we went down in the basement where there are rows and rows of ornaments, garlands, ribbon - you name it. We ended up with boxes and boxes of beautiful ornaments; things I never would have thought to use (and on a larger scale than I would have thought) but it all looks amazing. Then a few days ago, Krista came over and created this ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have been waiting on baited breath (I'm feeling a little Anne-ish today) to see these pictures. Krista - I make a really good friend, too.
Well, I'm not quite ready myself to put up Christmas deco yet, but I have to say, that tree is just gorgeous! I love it. I hope Krista gave you a discount....
Simply gorgeous you lucky girl!! I always get the job of decorating our tree and it is horrendous to decorate a 9 foot tree when you are 5 foot 4!! XOXO
MAJOR tree envy coming your way from me. We'll be lucky to lug the tree up from the basement this year and throw whatever tumbles out of a box or two on it. It will be pathetic!
Post a Comment