Today is my stepmom's birthday. It always feels a little awkward to call her my stepmom because that title tends to carry a slightly negative connotation. Thankfully, that was never my experience. Dad and Shirlee were married when I was 4, so I've pretty much grown up with 2 wonderful moms. I always felt loved and accepted by Shirlee, right from the get-go. I have so many wonderful memories with her, as a young child, through adolescence and now as a mom. I couldn't have asked for a better 2nd mom and I'm so glad to have her in my life.

Happy Birthday, mom/Nana. We love you!
3 comments:
Aw! Happy Birthday Shirlee!!
Amen! I love you Shirlee and am so grateful for the influence you have been Misty and on our children. Have a wonderful birthday!
P.S. The comment deleted above was from me. I was logged in as Misty so I went back and deleted it and then put this comment under my true identity!
Post a Comment