Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

We always spend Christmas Eve with my younger sister and her family at my mom's house. It's always just been the 2 of our families since the others go with their in-laws but we don't mind. We start at 4pm with a casual dinner, read the Christmas story and rip into the gifts.Then we head home to open Christmas jammies and put cookies out for Santa.Like my Christmas jammies??The kids all sleep downstairs on Christmas Eve since Santa delivers everything upstairs. We give them a cell phone to call us when they are all awake, but it can't be a minute before 7am. Sure enough, at 7am on the dot, we got a call from 3 giddy children asking if it was time yet. After we got the camera ready, this is what they looked like ....Nothing beats that excitement and giddiness of turning the corner to see what Santa brought. Apparently, he did good this year because Paige fainted at the sight. She's drama, that child. :)We had Blake cousins over for breakfast and then we just hung out all day and played with toys. We didn't have to leave the house until that evening which was so great. Then we headed over to Grandma & Grandpa's for a live nativity with grandpa as the narrator and grandkids playing all other parts,and then the real Mayfield mayhem ensued with a massive gift exchange. Total chaos, in a good way of course.The girls told me later that this was our "best Christmas ever!" so I guess we did o.k. I'm married to a talented gift giver who surprises and spoils me every year, and this year was no exception. I shouldn't care about that kind of stuff but I'm just shallow enough to enjoy it. Thanks, babe, for a great Christmas.

4 comments:

Corley said...

OK, #1 WHERE DID YOU GET THAT SHIRT?? I love twilight! :) #2 Your kids are huge and adorable. #3 I love your hair brown. I miss ya'll a bunch and hope you are doing well!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Great pictures! My favorite is all the angels lined up. (Though I do love the fainting photo! HILARIOUS!) ;)

Amy and Brad said...

So fun! Our kids have a sibling sleep-over Christmas Even too and aren't allowed to wake up officially until 7AM. One year we used walkie-talkies, but I like your cell phone idea!

...and Lyssie got the same doll house that Elle is pictured with!

Just Us said...

What a cute family you have Misty. Thank you for the cute Christmas card. I saw your blog link on facebook so I had to check it out. We would love to see you guys again sometime.