Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Feeling grateful ....

... for a friend who is miraculously pregnant after years of trying.
... for feisty children who will hopefully be fighters throughout life's challenges.
... for a wonderful neighbor & home teacher who spent 3 hours with my son in his woodshop helping him achieve a scouting requirement.
... for great music, from classical to folk to indie, some of which I listen to while I blog.
... for a fabulously patient husband who makes me laugh every single day.
... for sticky kisses and tight squeezes from my little girlies.
... for good movies that make me laugh and cry. Best to see them with great friends who make also make me laugh and cry (in good ways).
... for great neighbors who reach out and serve those around them.
... for family who enrich my life and the lives of my kids.
... for modern medicine which either heals or greatly extends our lives.
... for in-laws who are setting an incredible example for our family of service and love of the Lord.
... for modern technology that lets me access anything in a few clicks and lets me keep in touch with my favorite people.
... for a body that is healthy and is in pretty o.k. working order.
... for teachers and mentors in my life.
... for a cool sense of humor (tinged with sarcasm) in my son.
... for amazing friends near and far who have seen me through some of life's hard times and definitely through fun times.
... for church callings that have stretched me and taught me to rely on the Lord.
... for learning opportunities, taking classes or reading or listening to NPR. :)
... for so many blessings that I probably take for granted but hope to treasure more every day.

4 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Love it. Aren't we SO blessed?!? Congrats to your friend. Those are the most amazing blessings.

P.S. Yeah, I think I knew from your blog that you are a Cougar at heart, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Well said!

alison said...

thanks for sharing!

Nancy Nina said...

Thanks Misty! (I'm assuming that you're referring to me). And NOBODY has believed me when I told them. NOBODY.