When we came back to our car after having dinner at Mike's parents', this is what we found....

We knew instantly that it was Aunt Pam (who I hope I'm like at her age -- or even at my age, for that matter). That is one seriously ginormous zucchini. While it might make 4 loaves of zucchini bread, I'm tempted to continue the prank and leave it randomly on doorsteps or in someone's car. Don't be surprised if you find it somewhere ....
5 comments:
Free produce aint a bad prank! Better than a hairball taped to your front door (Carriage Cove?)!
I have heard of Zucchini Bandits who leave excess zucchinis on people's doorsteps. I think the front seat of a car with a yellow sticky note is even better. So funny. :)
This is clearly the fulfillment of an ancient prophecy that "in the last days, produce shall spontaneously generate throughout the land causing great lamentation and woe among the people."
It's one of the lesser known prophecies, but an important one...to me.
I read someone's blog forever ago about a zucchini that became a practical joke that got passed around. One of the jokes involved Dr. Irion playing a joke on one of his nurses by pretending to deliver a zucchini dressed as a baby. I wish I could find the pictures!
Love the Fletch line, Mike!
Post a Comment