He's a black belt!! I'm still smiling -- I'm soooo stinkin' proud of him.
Black belt testing is a grueling process -- 6 hours of physical endurance tests, sparring, form memorization and performance, board breaking and a written portion. It was brutal, both for Christian and for his mom who couldn't watch when he was being kicked and punched.
Of course, he needed the mother of all Gatorades to get through the day.
Proud (and nervous) mom & dad....
I couldn't help but cry when they handed him his new uniform and belt. What a huge accomplishment that's taken him about 4 years to achieve. 14 different belts, hours and hours of training, the occasional bloody knuckle or foot from board breaking.... I couldn't be more proud.
6 comments:
Yay! Congratulations. I love proud mama moments.
Wow i feel like he's been looking forward to this FOREVER. thats so cool...i honestly don't think there is anything cooler than saying "i'm a black belt" ya...i'm really jealous. tell him congrats and that i love him! ah thats crazy.
Oh, man!!! I would be just as proud as you are--that is impressive. Good for Christian!!! (And, yeah, there really isn't anything cooler than being able to say, "I'm a black belt!")
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Proud is an understatement. Way to go Christian and Mom. I know how you feel about watching your son get kicked and punched. Try years of football and wrestling. Moms go through a lot of agony watching their children achieve. Christian, we want a big demonstration when we get home. Love, Grandma
Go Christian!!
Mom should be proud!
Thanks so much for the added pictures. They really help tell the story. My favorite is the one where he is tenderly hugging his mother. Love, Mom
Post a Comment