Monday, February 14, 2011

They totally love her

My 2 biggest girlies did the sweetest thing for my littlest girlie today. They knew they would be having classroom Valentine's parties at school and would be getting lots of their own Valentines. But they also knew that little sister wouldn't be having a party today and might feel sad when she didn't receive Valentines like them. So, with much secrecy and giggling yesterday, they made Elle a Valentine's box, filled it with candy and cards, and presented it to her this morning.
Here's the best part about those Valentines, though .... Paige & Haley cut them all out before church yesterday, outlined them with markers and then took them all to church and had people sign them for Elle. Each heart has little messages from people all around our neighborhood that Elle knows and loves. That they had so much forethought and went to the effort for her makes me just love them so much! And I knew nothing about any of it. Whose children are they?
That last one is from sweet Bro. Tangren, whose 81st birthday was yesterday. Elle adores him.

How sweet is that??

8 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!! That might be the SWEETEST THING IN THE WORLD!!!!! I love it!!!!!!! How wonderful is that?! I couldn't possibly use any more exclamation points! :) What sweet, sweet sisters.

Ann said...

Well, if you ask me they've learned it from their parents - both of whom I think are the awesome people!!! And even though I rarely see you I know what good people you are!! Never underestimate your influence on you children:) When you're older (like me, darn it:() they remind you of things you did when they were growing up (usually the good things:))

Erin Blake said...

I am speechless. Bro. Tangren, love your signature. I need to hug all of them. Didn't you say you were thinking about coming out this spring??e

Laur said...

I love how you post about this amazing kid with no arms and you speak of his parents with such admiration and then the next post is about your own amazing, inspiring, great kids! Love you Misty

Kimm said...

That is SO sweet!! I know where they getit from for sure!

Mom and Kenz said...

That is sooo sweet! I saw Haley passing them around yesterday and didn't realize exactly what she was doing. You should be so proud!

Judy said...

No surprise here where these daughters get their sensitivity. Just look at their parents. Love you all, Mom

Nancy Nina said...

Sweet, sweet sisters.