* Just got back from trek: 4 days, 30 miles, 400 people, freezing nights & hot, hot days, live chicken chase, prairie dodge ball, tar & feathering, smuggled diet cokes, blisters, cow pies, paper dart wars, "buffalo meat" (aka, giant chocolate bars), sunburns, 1 hr silent pull .... Those kids can definitely do hard things. And we all had fun along the way.
Now that we're back, the kids and I plan to play as much as possible before school starts.
* Having a house "show ready" at all times while everyone is home all day is some good times. We've had 8 showings in 10 days so we're getting pretty darn good at it now. Today, we had 15 minutes notice before a showing and still managed to have it look ok and run out the door just in time. Hopefully, all of the activity will result in an offer. Crossing our fingers and toes ...
* Took Haley to see Harry Potter tonight. Man, I love that series. Loved the books and thoroughly enjoyed the movies. Would it be too much for a grown woman to wear this shirt?
Just wondering.
* I took my oldest 3 kids to the dr. today to have warts frozen off. None of them were happy with me for having made the appointment in the first place, and the fact that the procedure was pretty painful didn't help matters. They were all ticked by the time we got to the car. I offered to take them to ice cream at Sub Zero which, ironically, uses the same nitrous oxide to freeze their ice cream that the nurse used to freeze the kids' warts. They didn't think it was very funny, even though I found it pretty amusing. Cruel twist of irony, wouldn't you say?
* Summer band started this morning for Christian. He's taking the trumpet and began playing it outside on our deck after he got home. Our neighbors will be thrilled that we're moving if he keeps that up.
* Time to go sleep on my cushy, soft mattress. Nothing like 4 nights of sleeping on the ground to make you appreciate the miracle of a comfy bed.






2 comments:
Glad you both survived. I remember pulling on the silent "womens pull." I must have been in a lot better shape then. Love, Mom
You must have been the coolest leader at trek! What an amazing experience. And, yes, a grown woman could DEFINITELY wear that shirt! I WOULD!! :) I *absolutely* loved that series, too. It was THE BEST.
Post a Comment