When you drive to a store and pull into a parking stall, do you turn off the car and just sit in the quiet for 20-30 minutes? Cause I do. All the time. I turn off the engine, look over at the store teeming with people and try to muster up the energy and desire to actually go in. Like right now, for example .... I dropped Elle at preschool and drove here to Walmart to pick up a few things. But I've been sitting here for 15 minutes now, listening to a little NPR and catching up on blogs. I'm so cozy in here that I can't bring myself to get out of the car.
Twenty quiet minutes in the car (preferably with my phone and a Diet Coke) and I'm good to continue the marathon that is often my day. Here I go...
6 comments:
i kinda know a woman that does that. i mean i guess my mom sits outside our house in her car for hours on end not paying attention to her crying children inside. haha love you mist.
ha ha. I just did that last night in the grocery store parking lot at 9:30 p.m. For about 15 mins., then I was ready to go. I never ever come home when all of my kids are home that I don't sit in the car for about 5 minutes (Ali) and regroup my brain. All noble minds need that :)
Yeah, I do that sometimes. :) Yesterday I did it while eating soup from Panera Bread. 15 WELL-SPENT minutes. :)
I do it every day, only it's in the parking lot of the gym. I have no problem going into a store or the house. I need about 15-20 minutes to muster up the will to go work out.
I do that whenever i go to the gym. Every day that time interval gets longer and longer until one day I'm sure I'll just drive home without going in.
We should start a club. Meet in a parking lot somewhere. Think about going into a restaurant...I do it all of the time. Now I know I'm not alone!
Post a Comment