Still sporting an apron, to keep from getting oil splattered on my shirt. Oil from the first ever scones that I have made. Seriously yummy dinner. I also made chili to go with the scones but there was much more scone consumption than chili consumption.
Mike -- Finally relaxing with remote in hand after a long day at work. He also acted in a mini-movie Christian made tonight with his phone, which starred his little sisters and a neighbor. I have to get it on youtube to share it. Made me laugh out loud.
Christian -- Went to a Teen Writers' Camp at UVU and was totally inspired to keep writing. It's his forte anyway but he loved all of the advice. I laughed when I saw that one of the workshops was literally called "Rewrite the crap out of it." Definitely geared to teens. He's always in search of the iPad to watch back episodes of Merlin - his favorite show as of late. Loving the feel of a braces-less mouth. Looks good, too.
Haley -- Fresh back from 7th grade orientation. She's nervous and yet not, if that's possible. I remember going to orientation with Christian a couple of years ago and knowing that I was more nervous than he was. Now, we know the school, know the teachers, know more what to expect. She'll be fine. And hopefully big brother will be nice to her in the halls.
Paige -- Home from 2 hours of dance, sitting with me at the island having a late dinner. She's showing me funny little chanty poems that she and her friends do at school. Something about "Happy llama, sad llama, Mama Llama, Moose!" Cracking herself up. :)
Noelle -- Gone are the days when Elle was content to just hang out with mommy. From the minute she is out of school, she is constantly asking me if she can play with a friend. Any friend. She's also very into sounding words out and spelling things herself. This is my fave lately (accessories) ...
She also finally mastered the art of riding a 2-wheeled bike and can usually be found in the circle riding around and around. Kudos to Mike for helping to get her going. Good daddy. :)





3 comments:
Aw! Sweet. I'm impressed that that's a SHOWER CURTAIN!!! Awesome. And I totally want one of those scones!!!
Tell me more about the shower curtain!
It is a shower curtain. :) I couldn't find a curtain I liked and then came across this cloth shower curtain. A friend sewed a liner onto the back and turned it into a roman shade for me.
Post a Comment