Monday, June 23, 2008

Timpanogos Cave

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I've never hiked to Timpanogos Cave before - and I've lived in Utah my whole life. But we changed that on Saturday by taking (or forcing, if you ask Paige) the whole family on the trek to the Caves. Christian had one more "family outdoor activity" to achieve for scouts and he chose Timp, so up we went. Everyone, including Elle, did surprisingly well (again, except for Paige although you'd never guess it from these smiling photos).
The whole adventure took us about 3 1/2 hours (with plenty of rests along the way) and most of us agreed that it was worth it. Paige said that she "never want(s) to do that ever again." We discovered that she has a fear of heights (the drop off on one side of the trail seriously freaked her out) and that she's not a fan of walking long distances up or downhill but she liked the caves so at least there was one positive part for her. The only part of the hike that she liked was "tight rope walking" on these red painted lines, and fortunately there were plenty of those.The darkness proved too much for Elle ... she slept through the best part. On the way back down ....

4 comments:

Amy and Brad said...

How fun!! I loved the pictures. It makes me very excited to see you people in real life next week. We need to chat and figure out "the plan".
Love ya!

The Morley's said...

I'm so glad that you have a blog, otherwise I would have never seen these great pictures of your adventure. Looks like a fun day (hope your knees feel better soon.)

Allison Paige Blake said...

Fun!! I've never hiked that before either! Your family always does the funnest things! I'm jealous!
Love ya
Ali
Call me if you need a baby sitter I'm bored!

Rob & Megg said...

Good times! I'm sorry Paige didn't have as much fun- maybe she needed a pink boa and some high heels to hike with?- something fancy :)