I love Facebook for many reasons, but lately especially because of how it has reunited me with high school friends. I'm sorry to admit that I have kept in touch only sporadically with just a few high school people. The past few months have been so fun, though, as more and more of us are on Facebook and have gotten re-acquainted.
I met up last night with some of the girls from Murray High Class of 1990 for dinner. It was so fun to see those familiar faces walk into the restaurant and see how much and how little has changed for each of us. Some of us are moms, some are working professionals, some have travelled and lived all over the world, some have started their own businesses .... How great to see where the years have brought us.
I met up last night with some of the girls from Murray High Class of 1990 for dinner. It was so fun to see those familiar faces walk into the restaurant and see how much and how little has changed for each of us. Some of us are moms, some are working professionals, some have travelled and lived all over the world, some have started their own businesses .... How great to see where the years have brought us.
Crissy -- we hooked back up a few months ago and have had a great time talking and hanging out some. We weren't close friends in high school but I do remember really liking her even then. And now we have the exact same highlight-aided hair color. Bonus.
Kim -- I have many memories with Kim and they make me smile even now. We were in choir together, we roomed in Hawaii together, we were both on the Academic Decathalon team (major nerds, Kim and me! We didn't take the team very seriously but we had a great time on the trip.) ... I was so happy to see her. She's as funny, sarcastic and witty as I remember. And she makes killer cupcakes.
Tanya & Kristy -- We were all in Madrigals together, which provided plenty of memories from senior year right there. Being in Madrigals was definitely a highlight of my high school experience.
Suzy,
Kelli & Mindie,
and Mendi ... all great girls. I loved hearing about their lives now and catching up.
Most of us went to a late movie afterward, which made for a very late night and a sluggish morning today. But so worth it. Good times, girls! And only a year until our 20 year reunion. Wow - we're old. I'm just saying ...
2 comments:
I too love Face Book!! It is awesome!! I love the music on your blog! I have to admit sometimes I open it up on my computer and listen while I'm hanging around my home!! I really do love ya girl!!
That looks like so much fun!! My 20-yr. reunion is actually this summer and I have seen so many of my class of 114 on Facebook that I feel like I've already been to the reunion! ha
Post a Comment