Monday, February 15, 2010

Hittin' the slopes

I took Christian and Haley skiing Saturday. The kids have only been skiing a handful of times but now that we have Christian's 5th grade free ski pass book, we'll be going a lot more this year. And we had a blast. Well, maybe a "blast" is going a bit too far since we had a wee bit of drama during the day. My kids constantly provide me with drama .. their little a gift to me I guess. :}

Christian started skiing right off the bat like a pro. Haley not so much. The first run was complete with tears and "I hate skiing!" after she fell 4 times. By her 3rd run, though, she didn't fall once and had decided that skiing was pretty cool. We should have stopped right then.

The next hour was spent looking for Christian (who had taken off on his own) and trying to stop Haley from crying once again since I had taken her on a longer, more difficult run. My bad. I also killed my knee when she pulled me down with her at one point. I heard and felt something pop, which I'm sure isn't a good thing.

A little R&R in the lodge with hot chocolate was perfect, and then hitting the slopes one last time with just Christian was awesome. He kept right up with me and even told me that he had "skiied the half-pipe" earlier. Wish I could have seen that!

2 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

OOoh, yuck. Hope the knee is okay. Glad Christian had fun! Too bad Haley not-so-much. :(

Julie said...

Sorry about your knee. At least you were doing something fun when you got injured.