Thursday, February 25, 2010

That's what she said

Words that frequently come out of my mouth ...

Please speak kindly.
Paige, get your thumb out of your mouth.
Come on, guys, time to go!
Have your brushed your teeth?
Did you change your underwear today?
Go practice the piano ... now.
Put the crackers away.
Don't be the parent here, Christian. I'll handle it.
No, you can't have popcorn right now. Dinner's in an hour.
Shhhhhh...
You can get on the computer as soon as I'm done.
Who spilled this??
You are my favorite (3, 6, 8, 11) year old in the whole world.
Who has my iPhone?
I just need to run to the store for one thing...
Run to the bathroom, Elle -- run!
Clean up that room, Christian. Now.
Turn off the tv.
Take those headphones out, please, so you can hear me.
I'm just going to finish this chapter and then I'll help you.
Please set the table.
Girls into the bathroom so I can do your hair.
Is your homework done?
You need a shower today -- your hair is a rat's nest.
Go brush your teeth. And floss!
Who wants to make cookies?
I need a Diet Coke.
You have some serious morning breath.
Elle, we don't say those words in our family.
Who loves you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I SUSPECT THAT ALL OF US MOMS AND GRANDMOMS CAN RELATE TO THOSE COMMENTS. AND SOMEDAY YOUR SWEET LITTLE (NOW) ONES WILL BE SAYING THESE THINGS TO THEIR BABIES. Your Mom

Kimm said...

I love it!! and you!!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Cute!! Yup, I say about half those things, and I fill in the rest with my own variations of the same ideas! :)

Rachel said...

Funny. My most commonly uttered phrase is, "let me just finish this row." A close second is, "let me just finish this chapter." I don't want to think of what else comes out of my mouth! Too depressing!

Amy and Brad said...

Our lives are still eerily similar :)

Anonymous said...

Come on Misty. I thought you were keep all the things you say to me each day confidential. :)