Monday, March 29, 2010

2 of my favorite Facebook birthday wishes

MISTY!!!!! Wow i love you so much! I hope your birthday was so fabulous! I am so lucky to have an aunt like you. Thanks for always being interested in my life, letting me babysit your kids, play Beatles Rockband, steal your Propels, go to movies with you, sleepover at your house, the list goes on and on. HAPPY BIRTHDAY:) love you, Maddie
MISTY. i love you. you are one of a kind and i sure look up to you. i mean none of my friend's aunts have taken them to get their ears pierced without permission!! i love being with you and am so lucky i could have lived next to you for so long! i'm gonna miss you:) i hope you have a great birthday and that mike spoils you a lot;) i love you!!!!! ali

** These beautiful girls are 3 of the 5 Blake kids (my nieces and nephew) who will be moving to Cali soon. We live literally 2 minutes apart from each other. Their family is the reason that our family moved to our house -- to be close to them. And for 10 years, we have been. And now they're leaving and I'm still in shock about it. I'm excited for the adventure that they'll undoubtedly have, but I'm sad that it will be so far away from us.

I know we'll have many road-trips in the future (as we did in the past when they lived away). But I've been spoiled having these great people so close by. And, oh, the memories.... countless sleepovers, carpool rides, cousin playdates, babysitting trades, food borrowing, clothes & jewelry borrowing, DVD/CD borrowing, Sunday dinners, late-night girls' movies, phone calls, loving each other's babies, quick drop-ins, supporting each others' school/dance/choir events, crying and laughing together, lunches out, late-night Target runs for upcoming holidays, running into each other at the grocery store or wherever, date nights, cousin hand-me-downs, family vacations together.... Sniff, sniff.

Good thing that this time they live away, we'll have e-mail, cell phones, blogs, Facebook and texting. I'm hoping that modern technology makes the miles seem a whole lot closer.

Sure love you, Blake fam.

2 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

:( Booooo. I'm seriously sad FOR you!! That sounds so hard. But you're right--it's a road trip away, and modern technology should help take the sting out of it. When we moved to the flippin' other side of the country, it was REALLY hard to leave, but I kept thinking how in the "olden" days (before modern transportation), when you moved 3,000 miles away, that was just IT. It was over. You were just never going to see those people EVER again, or even hear their voices. So I am very grateful for the age we live in now because we can stay connected so much better. I hope it helps you!

Erin Blake said...

Misty- I just read this! Seriously! Somehow it slipped through while I was gone or something...I just read it! I loved it! I love you. We have had some pretty great times haven't we?! More to come I promise.