I don't mean that he forgets to celebrate it -- quite the opposite. He's thrown me surprise parties and is an incredibly thoughtful gift giver. What Mike can't remember is the actual date of my birthday, which is March 26th. In fairness to him he's never missed my birthday, but for some reason he seriously cannot remember if it's the 26th or 27th. He struggles with it every year. At first, I was kind of bugged by that. I mean, he remembers
everything. He remembers what I wore on our first date (no kidding). He even remembers past girlfriends' birthdays. But now I find it amusing and use it to mess with his head. I'll casually mention the 27th while we're discussing birthday plans, just to see what his reaction will be. His face will kind of glaze over as he tries to pretend that he really does know which date my birthday is on. Love you, honey! :)
True to form, Mike had a fun theme for my birthday gifts this year. Growing up, my mom used to say, "Have a yellow day!" which meant a happy, fun day. Mike handed me 3 packages and said, "These are to help you have a yellow day." I know, right? The first was concert tickets to Michael Bublé (completely awesome), then yellow sandals and a yellow daisy bracelet. Yep -- a yellow day.


Other things that have made my birthday festivities
yellow: a birthday lunch with the women I work with in Primary, homemade bread from a master bread-maker, birthday cake at book group,

a late night New Moon viewing party at The Rachel's house -- she also hand-knitted me a pair of Bella's mittens from Twilight (Rachel totally 'gets' me), a Twilight puzzle from Steph who 'gets' me in other ways but mocks my addiction to Twilight :), a friends lunch this next week, shopping and lunch with my mom and sisters at Nordstrom Bistro, using some birthday $$ to buy Elle a 'blingy' pair of shoes that she fell in love with, dinner alone with my hubby, and lots of great birthay wishes on Facebook .... It's great to be 38.

7 comments:
Happy Birthday Misty! Glad you had a great day!
What a fun day. Very yellow! Happy birthday! Hey - are you guys still going to tepanyaki? Want company?
Happy Birthday...so sorry to have missed the festivities! Next year I'll be more on top of it ;), and not pregnant!
Well Happy Birthday Misty! You are a yellow gal!
How much groveling required to remain friends after delaying my birthday wishes a full day? Just kidding... Mike told me it was the 27th... ha ha ha... I knew & sent you thought wishes all day yesterday... they just didn't materialize into anything you could see, touch, hear or smell. Love you though. Glad Mike does such an incredible job of spoiling you that it helps cover for the rest of us slackers! Happy Birthday!
:) Happy Birthday! Can't wait for the celebration to continue. Did you finish that puzzle yet?!
Happy Birthday!!! Yeah, 38 rocks. I do think it's funny Mike doesn't remember your birthday DAY. Just think of it this way--if he did, he'd be PERFECT.
Post a Comment