We started our summer Top 10 lists this morning. They are the key to my sanity -- truly. Each child has a Top 10 list of things they have to do each day before any tv or computer time. Elle's list is pretty much, "Get dressed, eat breakfast, brush teeth...." while Christian's list is more like, "Mow the lawn, practice guitar, clean your room..." Each kid also has "act of service" on their lists, which I'm most excited for. Hopefully it will teach them to love their siblings a little more. :)
The "carefree days of summer" are so much more enjoyable for me when they also include a whole lot of structure. My poor kids ....
4 comments:
I think that's a GREAT idea, companera!! We have a similar type of "job chart" but I L-O-V-E your "act of service." That is awesome!! That is totally what I need to add! I'm like you, though. I don't mind "carefree" as long as things don't come apart at the seams and make me crazy, so I have to have some structure.
I hear you. We have "summer learning" which is essentially homework each day (math, reading, writing) so Jameson doesn't forget everything he's learned in school. I try to put a fun spin on it, but still...
What a great idea! Children need structure as well as mom's. I love your lists. Can you add "write an email to Grandma" to the top 10 once in awhile? Love Mom in Africa
That's such a great idea!
Post a Comment