Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blockbuster

When Christian was about 5, I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. Without hesitating, he confidently said, "A movie director." He had drawn a picture of a movie set, with camera men & actors & lights ... and then he pointed at the guy standing to the side of the camera man and said, "See? That's me." And he's been directing films, of one kind or another, ever since.

Sometimes they involve his sisters. Often it's Christian & his friend, Michael, making action films. When we go to the Children's Museum, he spends the entire time at the movie-making station. Recently, he's been making still shot videos of action figures. Here's just a couple of shots from his most recent "movie."
The pictures by themselves don't mean much. But here's the thing .... he painstakingly took a total of 194 pictures to make this particular movie. And when you string them all together, it's kind of fun to watch.

Future Mr. Spielberg? We'll see ....

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You've got to post that! I'd love to see his movie - how fabulous!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

I really think it's neat that he has found something he's so passionate about. That is fantastic. I agree--I'd love to see his movie! :)

Kimi said...

Srsly, Misty. We need to see the movie.

Nancy Nina said...

He's so cool! There's a really great place downtown SLC that does this - just for kids. They can direct and do all the behind-the-scenes-stuff with movies/animation. I'll get the info for you. I took a tour of it and it's really innovative. AND, dreams do come...my cousin who always animated cartoons growing up now works for Pixar!

Mamalar said...

we need to get joe and christian together. For the end of school assembly, joe put together a video with over 4,000. they can compare notes!
loved the sun valley pics! what familiar sites! I am glad you had fun!