Just got back from an extremely difficult, hard trip to Denver with Mike. Oohh, I worked soooo hard. Worked my fingers to the bone, I did.
On the first day (while Mike went to work meetings all day), I stayed in the hotel room the entire day. I forced myself to paint my nails, take a leisurely bath, order room service, watch a couple of movies, read my book, do a crossword puzzle or two, take a nap .... it was hard work, let me tell you. That night, Mike rewarded all of my hard work by taking me out to dinner and a movie. Nice boy.
The second day was even harder than the first. I walked (walked!) across the street to a ginormous mall and spent the entire day leisurely browsing nearly every store. I wanted to give every square inch of that mall my equal attention, and I'm happy to report that I did just that. I smiled at every mom I passed who was wrestling their whining 2 year old back into the stroller, and then continued on my laborious journey to leisurely browse at my own pace.
We slept in this morning and had hotel room service in our jammies. While watching a movie. Then we walked and walked and walked through downtown Denver. Such hard work doing more shopping, eating at an outdoor cafe and seeing one more movie. Man oh man.
Hard. Work.
** Thanks, honey, for letting me tag along on your work trip. It was total R&R for me and I loved every minute of it. :)
4 comments:
Cry me a river!!!
I'm so sorry you had to go through all that!
I'm glad you smiled at the moms with their whining kids. I always do that, too, when I'm alone, because I have SO been there and she deserves a smile & some patience!
What a great weekend--I'm glad you got to go! :)
That sounds awesome...That would be a great break from the daily grind!
Work trips are my FAV!
Post a Comment