Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Needing to be said

*Mike: I don't sleep well when you aren't here. Kick their trash in court today and get back home. Thanks for working so hard in the yard on Saturday - it looks great. Got a call for Coach Mike - the girls' basketball uniforms are in. We need a date night soon. As in, asap.

*Christian: Way to go, bud, for doing so well at Tae Kwon Do belt testing the other night. I'm proud of you. Please, please get your homework done and actually turn it in this time. Thanks for playing Metallica's 'Enter Sandman' for me on the guitar last night. You pretty much rock - seriously. And I love that you aren't too cool to show affection to your mom.

*Haley: I love that you've started doing your own hair. I sometimes fight the urge to 'fix' what you just did but I'm proud of you for trying. Good job at voice lessons yesterday. I could hear you through the open car window and I could hear how much your confidence has gone up. Don't think I haven't noticed the state of your room. I'll clean it for you for a price. Just sayin.'

*Paige: Listen, chica -- take some responsibility for losing several pairs of ballet shoes. People are not taking them out of your bag ... you need to make sure you are actually putting them in there in the first place. I'm proud of you for being chosen as VP of dance company, especially since your teachers said what a good example you are. Your school teacher, however, needs you to stop talking so much during class. Reign it in, Miss Social, ok?

*Elle: Please say these tantrums are just a phase and not proof that we've babied you too much. Thank you for being my little friend all day long. You have a way of melting me with a look, you know that? I know you love that strange Japanese anime movie, Ponyo, but let's lay off it this week, k? I'm willing to bribe you to stay in your own bed tonight.

*Misty: It's 10am -- go take a shower already. Yes, you were at the scout store twice yesterday but we have to go back again today. Good times. Remember that Indian food for dinner = really nasty breath for the whole fam the next morning. Only a couple of weeks until heading to California to see the Blakes. Hang in there.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Thanks, Erin, for letting me steal this post idea. I can't download pictures for some reason lately so my blogging ideas are nil.

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

What a creative post! It's such an interesting way to find out what's been going on. I love when you say, "k?" I can totally hear you saying that in my head. I'm thinking it has been too many years since we've actually seen each other. :) A companera is forever, you know.

You have awesome kids. And I'm pulling for you about the date night. Amen.