I love Paige. I really do.
But tonight...when I get home....she is in BIG trouble.
This morning as I was eating breakfast, Paige came into the kitchen, wrapped her arms around my neck, and in the sweetest little voice cooed, "I love you Daddy. You are the best Daddy in the world. I love everything about you."
Then she started rubbing my head..."You have the cutest head, Daddy. I love your head. I think it is handsome." She gently kissed the top of my head and skipped away.
"Thank you, Paige. I love you too," I said, soaking in a precious moment with my little girl. It was the perfect start to my day.
When I got to work, I immediately went into a meeting with the CEO of one of my biggest clients. Over the years, I have worked hard to carefully cultivate a "tough as nails" persona for this client. He needs to know that, when necessary, his lawyer won't back down from a fight. We sat across from each other separated only by a conference table. As we discussed litigation strategy, I couldn't help noticing an amused look that appeared from time to time on his face.
At the end of the meeting, I excused myself to go back to my office to get ready for a hearing before the District Court this afternoon. As I was sitting at my desk, four of my senior partners stopped by to talk (sequentially, not collectively). Was it just me or did I detect an unexpected hint of mirth from each of these seasoned trial lawyers? It was almost as if they knew something that I didn't know.
Finally, just before leaving for Court, my assistant walked into my office and handed me some papers. She stopped, chuckled, and then pulled out her cell phone and took this picture.
Paige!!!!!!!
14 comments:
ha ha ha ha ha ha! Brilliant.
Classic. Awesome, Paige! (Sorry, Mike, but you know...).
Atta girl, Paige!
Oh, Paige!! Where did she get that sense of humor in that serious household of yours?!!
Oh my goodness!!! ha ha ha
Best story ever!
PAIGE. That's too great!
That is a great story. Nice of your co-workers not to tell you. Let's get revenge on them with Photoshop.
A.MA.ZING.
that is so awesome.
tell mike that one time my father let me paint his toe nails when i was like 8 because i was so obsessed and wanted to practice. he forgot that his nails were painted went to the gym and was wondering why all of the other men in the locker room were looking at him so strange.
what good sports dads are.
Hilarious!! I love it!! ha ha ha
hey Paige its syd you gotta teach me that one,ha ha ha
AWESOME!!! So hilarious!
Love it! What a sneaky thing to do, way to go Paige!
Post a Comment