* Christian asked Haley who painted The Mona Lisa. She replied, "Leonardo DiCaprio."
* Spent a wad of cash today getting the car ready for a little road trip to see our Blake cousins. Can't wait!
* Hung out last night with friends making smores over their firepit. We need a firepit, I've decided -- it was very cool.
* Prepped myself to be hurled on by my 2 very motion-sick daughters. Didn't happen, thankfully. Too many spins on the tire swing.
* Love the playland at Smith's. And thankfully, so does Elle.
* Finished reading Haunting of Hill House and now am freaked out by my house at night. How old am I again? Hello.
* Saw the movie 'Easy A' and learned some new words. Not any good ones.
* Absolutely love bringing out my fall & Halloween decorations. The house is transformed from Sept. 1st-Nov. 30th.
* Can't watch Glee anymore. Too skanky and sacreligious. Bummer they had to go that far.
* Since we truly don't need more stuff around here, what in the world should I do for Christmas? Let alone the 4 birthdays we have in the next couple of months?
* Christian has started reading 'Tennis Shoes among the Nephites' (I think that's what it's called??). Kind of blew me away when he showed me a scripture he was cross-referencing with the book. This will be a good thing, I can tell.
* I've made 2 double batches of pumpkin bisque this month so I'll always have some in the fridge. My favorite lunch, by far.
* Going to The Weepies concert in a couple of weeks with The Rachel. I'm kind of giddy about it.
12 comments:
Cool!! I'm happy you get to go see Blakes--I know you'll have a great time! I want a firepit too!! I also have been thinking about the "what can I do for Christmas that isn't STUFF?" I have a friend who gives her kids "experiences"--like a year membership pass to the local kids' museum or science museum. I've actually thought about giving them a trip of some kind--wrapping tickets to somewhere. One year we did a pass to the local pool, which was fun and something we could all do together. ????? Good luck. I know what you mean about the STUFF.
Cool!! I'm happy you get to go see Blakes--I know you'll have a great time! I want a firepit too!! I also have been thinking about the "what can I do for Christmas that isn't STUFF?" I have a friend who gives her kids "experiences"--like a year membership pass to the local kids' museum or science museum. I've actually thought about giving them a trip of some kind--wrapping tickets to somewhere. One year we did a pass to the local pool, which was fun and something we could all do together. ????? Good luck. I know what you mean about the STUFF.
concerts=good.
I agree about Glee. Maddie and Ali had a young women leader tell them they were crazy for deciding not to watch the Brittney Spears one, because it looked skanky. She said, "That's dumb. Glee is just like real life!" huh?
Ditto about Glee. So bummed about it.
I'm glad I'm finally not the only one not watching Glee. :) And if you add your giddy to my giddy about The Weepies it makes a very large amount of giddy. I can NOT wait... to see you OR the weepies!
I love all your miscellaneous thougts. Keep it up. Love, Mom in Africa
Misty, you have to come to book club! I've got really good questions prepared!
Oh I'll be there, Nick. I'm excited for a good discussion. I'm just a wuss about scary.
I really should disconnect too. Glad you're still here.
I guess it says something about how seldom I'm on Facebook that I had no clue you were OFF Facebook! :) Glad I can still find you on your blog...or via text...or an old fashioned phone call. Love you!
*Have you seen the "U" and "Y" firepits at Costco? I thought of you when I saw them.
*Same for me with Easy A
*Really wish I enjoyed decorating for holidays.
*Same for me with Glee.
*Sometimes I leave your blog up just for the music.
*Did your nieces leave a cd for me at your house perchance?
No, Kimi, they didn't. Sorry! Was it something good?
Post a Comment