Monday, December 6, 2010

Bravery

Paige has been going through a stage of being nervous about things .... scared to go downstairs alone, sometimes timid about new situations, etc. A few days ago, she asked me, "Mom, how can I be more brave like you?" We talked about bravery for a minute -- that bravery means feeling scared sometimes but doing that thing anyway. When gentle persuasion didn't entirely convince her, though, I resorted to more 'magical' means. I told her that I could make her a Brave Spray that she could use to help her be more brave whenever she needed it. Haley looked at me skeptically, but quickly jumped on the bandwagon when I winked at her. "Yeah Paige!" she said. "Or I could make you some Brave Lotion. It helps me sometimes, too."

Haley disappeared into her room for awhile and later presented Paige with this:It's worked like a charm so far. :)

4 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

That is VERY cute, and VERY sweet of Haley, too! :) I hope it keeps working!

Erin Blake said...

oh my gosh I already miss your kids again

Kimi said...

Don't you love it when your kids love each other?!

Just Us said...

I love that. What a great idea. What cute sisters.