(graciously invited to several days away with friends at their cabin - thank you, cute friend!) .... we remaining girls definitely played.
Sunday evening -- Painted nails, complete with polka dot designs from the new nail polish pens for Christmas; made eggnog popsicles; had a pseudo-slumber party in my bed (the giggling and cuddling lasted until mom got slightly claustrophobic and wanted to actually stretch out and sleep).
Monday -- Lunch at McDonald's (Elle's request, of course), spent a few hours at Kangaroo Zoo (big bounce house place), continued down to Gateway for a free smoothie while I shopped for Nook accesories at Barnes & Noble, met daddy for a free dinner (score!) at Costa Vida, watched Elf together.
Tuesday -- Cleaned frantically so we could continue the fun without mommy losing it a little; invited 3 little friends to a dollar movie with us. After dropping them back home, I asked my girls, "Anything else you girlies want to do or should we go home?" to which Paige cried, "Let's go get pie at Marie Callendar's!" (definitely her favorite spot lately). So we did. :)
The older kids are back and had a ball. And thankfully, my little girls had a ball, too. What else is Christmas break for?
5 comments:
Oh, definitely!! What else is Christmas break for??? Sounds so fun!! You are the best mom! I have to say, the eggnog popsicles sound sooooo yummy!!
What a fun week? Is there anything for an 18 month old to do at Kangaroo Zoo or is it just for big kids?
You can't replace those memories. What a fun mom you are. Happy Holidays!
Wow... you really know how to do "mommy/daughter" activities.
Misty! You're not on Facebook anymore and I don't have your email, so this is the only way I can tell you this.
Today in class I was talking to the girl who sits next to me and were talking about drinking too much soda. I told her how much I love Diet Coke and she said "Ahh, I don't like it that much; Coke's better." To which I replied, "I may have to fight you on this."
So that has nothing to do with your blog post, I just thought you might get a laugh.
Post a Comment