Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Morning

I'm a morning person. Always have been. My body wakes up at about 6:30-6:45. Sometimes I wish I could sleep in. But then I would miss out on moments of solitude like this .... sitting alone here, next to the beautifully lit Christmas tree, iPhone in one hand, a good book in the other, feet up on the ottoman, wrapped in my cushy bathrobe.

Heavenly way to start a day.

Oh wait ... I hear little feet pitter-pattering up the stairs. I love this time of morning, too. Cuddling with each kid as they wake up. Smelling their necks, running my fingers through their hair, listening to a re-telling of their dreams.

Yep. Definitely a morning person.

2 comments:

Nicalee said...

By the way you describe it, I wish I was!!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Sweet!!! I love that. (I'm not a morning person at all. In fact, it's taken me years just to be able to talk and have a conversation in the morning.)